ChatGPT is the hottest topic storming everywhere around the world on the internet. It is one of the popular language-generating AI models developed in November 2022. It is one of the smartest innovations, which is more efficient for IT sectors and security teams.
Sam Altman (CEO of Open AI) had stated when they officially made ChatGPT to the public it has crossed one million users in less than a week.
It was specially designed to get quick respond to your command or queries. Regarding cybersecurity concerns, people are wondering whether it is a boon or a curse! I would say it depends on how to use this tool.
ChatGPT chatbot could be a powerful tool for hackers and cyber defenders. It is a free and amazing tool that has no limit to its basic knowledge and gives a quick response on any subject. It can help to write coding, programming, and content according to your request.
Despite being developed with good intentions, it is being used in ways that will end up causing harm. So, it is obvious that it can be used in both ways, positive and negative. In this article, let’s check on the pros and cons of ChatGPT for cybersecurity concerns.
ChatGPT AI Is Boon for Cybersecurity-- Here Are the Reasons:
The best Cybersecurity service provider in India can use this open AI for a positive purpose in different ways, including:
- To Do Cyber Threat Analysis: This amazing tool has the capability to process a large amount of data so that you can easily identify potential cyber threats.
- To Detect Phishing Activities: This AI tool can detect phishing activities or malware attacks and also help to protect your organization from falling into these attacks.
- To Create More Awareness on Cybersecurity: ChatGPT can educate users about cybersecurity awareness and best practices for staying safe online.
- Incident and Automated response: This AI tool can assist you with an incident response by providing relevant information, giving automated responses on cybersecurity incidents, and allowing you to focus more on complex threats.
ChatGPT AI Is Curse for Cybersecurity-- Here Are the Reasons:
Even though it was developed with good intentions, if users use them negatively, it will become a curse for cybersecurity. Here are the following reasons:
- It can help to write malware code for deployment in cyberattacks.
- It can help write phishing emails or spam messages that trick other users into giving sensitive information.
- It can also generate automated propaganda campaigns that spread wrong information and manipulate public opinion.
- It can help to identify vulnerabilities in organizations’ systems which can lead to data breaches.
- It can help to develop cyber-attacks that can evade traditional security measures.
ChatGPT can be a boon or curse for cybersecurity. However, it depends on how you utilize this amazing tool. This Open AI was specially designed with good intentions to give quick and exact response of your queries. However, many users still use them negatively and cause various harm to the system. I would rather suggest you to enjoy the smartest innovation of these open AI and use them for good purposes.
If you want to protect your organization from malware attacks or other cyber threats, contact the most leading Cyber forensics companies in India now!