Mobile applications are becoming a norm today for businesses and as more and more businesses adopt a mobile first approach, there is also a tinge of doubt regarding the security it offers. This is where mobile application VAPT can be useful. Especially if the app involves collecting user data, there are a number of steps required to ensure security of the data in compliance with regulations such as GDPR. Loopholes expose the app to potential threats and leave the app vulnerable. Complete and thorough testing of the mobile application that includes static and behavioural analysis that delivers full visibility into the flaws in the application is hence essential.
What is mobile application VAPT?
Mobile application VAPT essentially identifies the exploitable vulnerabilities in code, system, application, databases and APIs before hackers can discover and exploit them. Using malicious apps can be potentially risky and untested apps may contain bugs that expose your organisation’s data. Mobile Application VAPT helps uncover such vulnerabilities and ensures that it is secure enough to use in your organization.
There are two components of VAPT services:
It refer to the process of identifying, classifying and prioritizing vulnerabilities that are specific to computer systems, web applications digital assets and network infrastructure. It includes a comprehensive scanning through various security validations to locate the flaws in the pre-existing code.
It is a ethical way of penetrate or exploit and existing vulnerabilities of the Web Applications, Websites and Networks. The primary goal is to identify weak spots in the security posture and measure the compliance of its security policy. The Penetration Testing process is more complex and goes one step beyond assessment.
Mobile App VAPT Process:
Step1: Information Gathering – the discovery phase where the application is analysed for it’s known and unknown vulnerabilities and each functionality is thoroughly tested.
Step2: Vulnerability Analysis – either static analysis is performed without executing the app or the app is decompiled and dynamic analysis is performed using the source code.
Step3: Exploitation – this happens either by exploiting the known vulnerabilities or by privilege escalation to gain super user access to the application.
Step4: Reporting – Creating a detailed report of the findings and offering an overall risk rating.
Why is Mobile Application VAPT required?
- Whether Android or iOS, mobile has become one of the critical devices for organisations because each official application installed on the mobile exposes the organisation’s data to known and unknown vulnerabilities. It’s not only the default vulnerabilities – VAPT includes deep security testing of the app functionality and to get under the skin of the app and expose the code to understand whether appropriate security has been bolted-in and offers data privacy and data theft protection. Downloading malicious apps can be a potential risk and untested apps may contain security bugs that make the data vulnerable. VAPT plays a very important role in uncovering these vulnerabilities.
Types of Mobile Applications
- Native Applications
- Mobile Web Applications
- Hybrid Applications
Mobile Application VAPT Benefits:
- Protection of sensitive data against cybercriminals and malicious hackers
- Safety and recovery of data if your device gets lost
- Security of your confidential data from those malicious apps that focus on unauthorized access to the data
- Reduces safety risks to the application data
- Prevention of the monetary losses (say, ransom) and give confidence
- Increased Return on Investment i.e., ROI.
- Not only you can save a lot of bucks, but your reputation in the market also stays intact
VAPT for mobile applications offers a number of features:
- Identification of risks and vulnerabilities both known and those discovered while testing.
- Understanding loopholes and errors in the mobile application that can lead to cyber-attacks.
- Validates the effectiveness of your currently implemented security for the application.
- Helps understand the actual risk to the internal systems due to any anomalies in the app’s code.
- Provides remediation steps to detect existing flaws and also prevent any future attacks.
- Helps achieve compliance certifications.
- 24×7×365 Help Desk – Network / Security Operations Center
- Security need-centric solutions
- Expertise on network, server, storage, virtualization, application, and database
- Strong OEM Partnership
- Experienced technical team for support
- Proactive monitoring and alerts
- The most competitive pricing
Our Case Study
LET'S GET YOU STARTED!
To find out more about our VAPT services
Here is the glimpse of our recent alliances.