Mobile applications are the greatest technology that has already become an essential part of our lives. We use them in every sector of our lives including communication, banking, online shopping, education, entertainment, etc.
Mobile applications contain lots of sensitive or private databases regularly no matter if you use them for personal or professional use. Mobile app market growth is an ongoing trend in this digital world. With its countless benefits, it also has a higher risk of security threats and vulnerabilities.
Hackers are constantly targeting mobile applications to exploit security loopholes and also gain unauthorized access to your sensitive user data. If you want to reduce the risk of cyberattacks, you need to ensure the security of mobile applications.
One of the best safeguard methods is mobile application penetration testing. Penetration testing is the best method that involves simulating real-world attacks on your mobile application and also identifying suspicious attacks and vulnerabilities before hackers can exploit them. Explore the details about mobile application penetration testing with this blog.
Why Penetration Testing Is Important For Mobile Apps?
It is essential to perform mobile application penetration testing for several below reasons:
- To find out vulnerabilities.
- To protect users’ sensitive or private data.
- To minimize the risk of malware, data leakage, unauthorized access, or other attacks.
- To identify security gaps and ensure compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations.
- To secure users’ information and also maintain their privacy.
- To earn user trust and confidence and also provide a positive reputation for the app and the organization behind it.
- It helps to stay ahead of attackers by stimulating real-world attack scenarios and recognising potential weaknesses before hackers can be leveraged.
- To improve the security architecture of a mobile app.
- To reduce the risk of financial losses for organizations by finding vulnerabilities and allowing organizations to proactively address them before an actual breach occurs.
- To improve brand reputations by protecting user data and ensuring the security of mobile apps.
In short, penetration testing plays a vital role in mobile apps as it helps to identify vulnerabilities and all suspicious activities.
How To Perform Penetration Testing For Mobile Apps?
Here are the key steps in mobile application penetration testing:
Information Gathering: Gather the information to identify potential threats. Do proper planning and scoping of the penetration test and identify the targeted app. Determine the testing methodologies, tools and required resources.
Collect App details: Gather detailed information about mobile applications including their functionalities, server infrastructure, APIs, potential attack vectors, etc.
Check out the app response: You can check the applications’ code to understand whether your app is responding in the exact way it should.
Vulnerabilities analysis: Identifies vulnerabilities by probing the app security controls.
Exploitation: Do exploitation to exploit the identified vulnerabilities to gain unauthorized access or perform malicious activities within the app.
Reporting: Highlight the discovered vulnerabilities and recommended remediation steps. Provide detailed reports that offer an overall risk rating.
If you are unable to follow the above process, you can hire the best mobile application penetration testing service provider in India at competitive rates.
Why ECS Is The Best For Mobile Application Penetration Testing?
- ECS can help with different types of mobile application penetration testing including native mobile apps, hybrid mobile apps, and mobile web apps.
- ECS provides a centric solution that is needed.
- You can get help from our highly expert staff 24*7*365 days.
- ECS provides the best mobile application penetration testing service in India at a competitive price.
- ECS is an expert in network, storage, server, database, applications and virtualization.
- We offer proactive monitoring methods and alerts.
- ECS has a strong OEM partnership.
When it comes to mobile app security strategy, mobile application penetration testing is a critical component. It can help to find vulnerabilities in your mobile apps and safeguard your sensitive data.
Performing penetration testing on regular bases can ensure mobile applications and also keeps you one step ahead of malicious actors.