Client: Arunachal Logistics Pvt Ltd
SERVICES USED: SAP APPLICATION HOSTING IDC & MANAGED HOSTING SERVICES
SAP hosting services from ECS Biztech enable Arunachal Logistics Private Limited -The Logistic company to save 60% on CapEx.
Arunachal Logistics wanted to focus their internal resources on expanding and Growing their core business rather than setting and managing a datacenter to host their SAP ERP application.
How did ECS help them achieve their objective?
Arunachal Logistics Profile:
Arunachala logistics is one of the biggest fleet operators in south India owning huge number of Heavy trucks operating all over South India with its fully computerized branches.
Arunachal Logistics’s SAP application was running on Linux platform. Hosting and managing the application, Operating System (OS) and database internally became a challenge for Arunachal Logistics and the company did not want to invest in setting up an infrastructure or the resources to manage it. This led to their decision to look for a managed IT hosting service provider.
Says, Arunachal Logistics, “We wanted to outsource the hosting and management of our SAP ERP application from the very beginning. We are in the Logistics business so setting up and managing a datacenter internally to host this application is not our core competency.
Besides, we would have had to make huge investments for setting up a datacenter, right from space, procuring hardware, maintenance, cooling, power and skilled resources to manage it 24×7.
Then, we decided to look for a hosting service provider who could host and manage our SAP ERP application, provide us with the scalability to increase or decrease the number of users’ on-demand and help us move from a CapEx to an OpEx model.”
Arunachal Logistics has availed of complete datacenter hosting services for SAP ERP, co-location with Operating System (OS) and database support.
- Dedicated Server Hosting
- Dedicated Firewall Services
- Bandwidth & Connectivity
- Shared SAN Storage
- 24×7 Operating System (OS)
- Complete technology refresh led to improved application (SAP) performance levels
- Hosting SAP application led to increased manageability of internal operations at Arunachal Logistics as the company could now focus on more strategic business issues
- Savings of 60% in overall cost as compared to setting up a captive datacenter to host their SAP application
- High availability of the SAP application ensured smooth functioning of business operations
- 24×7 monitoring and management of SAP application and faster turnaround time for issue resolution lead to enhanced performance levels
- A dedicated team to resolve issues lead to improved service levels and predictability
- Flexible utility model for SAP support and operations – the ability to increase or reduce the storage space on-demand, add or reduce users on demand has brought significant cost efficiencies for Arunachal Logistics group of companies.
- Arunachal Logistics is very satisfied with the highly available and scalable IT environment. ECS Biztech Pvt Ltd has provided for hosting its SAP application.
- The company has been able to save 60% of the costs that it would have had to incur if it invested in setting up its own datacenter and hiring skilled resources to manage it.
- Says, Arunachal Logistics, “We have not faced any downtime for our SAP application till now. 24×7 monitoring and management support at the OS level, as well as, for SAP application ensures that bottlenecks are detected and taken care of before anything happens.
- Turnaround times (TAT) have improved significantly and a dedicated team ensures that issues (if any) are resolved faster and in real time.”
- Flexibility to scale up resources on-demand is another benefit that Arunachal Logistics has derived out of its association with ECS Biztech Pvt Ltd.
- Scalability to provision resources on demand and the speed with which this scalability is being offered to us is impressive.”